101 Second Street North
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Phone: (727) 724-1525 ext 232 or (727) 724-1529
FAX: (727) 724-1533
Contact Person: Rosa Rodriguez
Internet Address: http://www.deafliteracycenter.us
Hours: M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Parent Agency: Pinellas Public Library Cooperative, Inc.
The program strives to provide basic literacy and communication
skills to Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals and their families
that will enable them to be active participants in the community.
- Basic English literacy to Deaf and Hard of Hearing adults and
their families (hands on, individualized approach – group
- Pre-GED tutoring.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Family literacy.
- Homework help.
- Literacy and Deaf collections.
- Referral and Resource Center.
- Transportation available to qualified individuals (bus passes).
Tutors will meet with students at convenient/agreed times and locations.
Satellite/Mobile Deaf Literacy Sites:
- Palm Harbor Public
- Pinellas Park Public Library
- Safety Harbor Public Library
St. Petersburg South Branch Library